Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Is it cool to beef with Jay-Z now?

Just curious cause I'm hearin' all over the place rappers are beefin' with Jay-Z. I mean I see on YouTube, Raekwon talkin' greasy about Hov saying his album is trash. I see Lil Wayne is making comments about Hov coming back out of retirement. I hear 50 Cent & DJ Whoo Kid on Shade 45 talking about Jay's album, and you can't tell whether or not they are hatin' on him or not, like subliminal shit. The The Game one minute makes references to Hov (or at least it sounds like on "One Blood"), then he squashes the beef on BET saying "I ain't got no beef with 50, and no beef with Hov."

Then you got this all too popular Jim Jones beef, which is kind of weird to me for many reasons. First off I didn't understand why Hov responded to Jim, and not the Cam diss that was almost a year ago. But then Hov made me understand when he was on 106 & Park and basically said he did that "Brooklyn High" shit so that every time Jim's biggest record gets played, it's no longer "BALLIN" it's "BROOKLYN" alluding to the fact that people will think of Jay-Z when they hear Jim's popular "We Fly High." Which made sense. But where did all this come from, looks as if Jim wants some sales, same thing Cam probably wanted, a little bit of attention to generate a bit of sales, which it did, and Jim made the REMIX, or BEEFMIX with Hov's verse and is now using that to help his album. Then you got Cam making another diss to Hov, and then JR Writer, I mean come on, JR Writer? I understand he is a soldier for DipSet and all, and I am a fan of DipSet, but come on JR Writer is hardly doing any damage in any of this, hell Jim is barely doing any damage, actually he is doing NO damage to Hov, so JR is pretty much waisting studio time. It's almost as if he wants Jay-Z badly to acknowledge his existence, it's kinda funny.

It must be the new thing to beef with Jay-Z. Weird, are we forgetting that this man is partly responsible for the growth of hip-hop through the past few years? Are these rappers forgetting he paved the way to be a Hustler turned into a Rapper? Are these dudes forgetting that they used to recite this man's lyrics and look up to him, hell Jay is probably responsible for a few of these cats even wanting to rhyme. Hell Jay is probably the sole reason DipSet is a huge deal, seeing as the biggest DipSet album, Cam's Come Home With Me, was released on Roc-A-Fella Records.

I'm lost...........

No comments: